Apartment Lease Change Requests


Apartment Transfer

If you would like to move to a different apartment within University Housing, please review the transfer policy. You may request a transfer by completing a transfer request form. Once the completed form is received, Family & Graduate Housing staff will review available apartments and determine if your request can be granted. Transfers are not offered through the months of April, July and August.

Lease Cancellation

If your plans change and you will not be attending the University of Illinois, you must notify the Family & Graduate Housing Office in writing. See your lease terms and conditions on the Forms/Documents page for further details.

Lease Termination

If you will be graduating or ending your affiliation with the university, you are required to terminate your lease by submitting the Early Termination of Lease Request form and giving Family & Graduate Housing a 45-day notice. The Early Termination of Lease Request form is available online. Please note that other forms of communication will not serve as notice of your intent to terminate. For more details, refer to the Apartment Lease Terms and Conditions.

Lease Extension Requests

Only students enrolled in Summer School Term II classes may request a lease extension through the last day of exams. To do so, fill out the Lease Extension Request Form available online.  

Changing from an Apartment to a Residence Hall

Current University Apartment residents can use our online transfer request form to request to move to a University Housing residence hall.