Dining Payment Options

Looking to dine with us at an all-you-care-to-eat dining halls or on-the-go retail locations? Check out the different options for undergraduates, graduates, faculty, staff or members of the Champaign-Urbana community.

Meal Plans

Undergraduate Hall Residents

Students living in undergraduate residence halls are required to have a meal plan and can select from four different meal plan options.

Graduate Upper-Division & University Apartment Residents

If you live in the Graduate-Upper Division Halls, Daniels and Sherman, or the University Apartments (Ashton Woods, Orchard Downs, Goodwin-Green), you are not required to purchase a meal plan, but many opt in because of the flexibility, quality and convenience.

Learn more about graduate-upper division and apartment resident meal plan options.

Not A Resident?

If you are a faculty or staff member, off-campus student or guest, there are several options for how you can purchase a meal from one of our nine dining locations.

Illini Cash

Illini Cash offers a convenient way for you to use your i-card for purchases. No need to carry cash, as Illini Cash is accepted at numerous locations on campus.

Learn more about Illini Cash and where you can use it.

Department Charge

If you are a faculty or staff member within a university department, a department charge provides you with an option to charge meals at all of our dining locations. You may manage your CFOAPAL accounts and the people authorized to use them with this application.
If you have questions or issues with your department charge, contact us. Select "Department Charge" from the list of topics on the form.