Everybody Eats is a campuswide initiative to ensure everyone in our Illini community has access to a hot meal and is provided with adequate nutrition.
Currently, Everybody Eats has two programs under its umbrella, each with a different meal offering: Everybody Eats (University Housing) and Bevier Café (College of ACES). Descriptions, locations and hours for each are listed below.
Supporting our Illini community one hot meal at a time.
How It Works: Visit one of the two designated hot box locations and help yourself to the daily soup and rice inside. This is completely free, and no ID is required.
- Student Dining and Residential Programs building (SDRP): First floor, 301 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign. The hot box is located at 57 North in the seating and condiments station area.
- Illinois Street Residence Halls: Terrabyte retail location. Lower Level, 1010 W. Illinois St., Urbana. From the west entrance off of Green Street, the hot box is located in the northwest corner of Terrabyte next to the Freestyle machine. From the InfiniTEA entrance, stay on the wall closest to Green Street and follow it to the Freestyle machine.
Hours: Daily 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Dining Options: Carry out
No matter how much or how little you give, everyone has a place at our table.
How It Works: Order from the daily menu, then choose how to pay:
- Pay the suggested price (menu price).
- Pay more (suggested price + a little extra).
- Pay it forward (buy a meal for someone else).
- If you are in need of a meal, use one of the tokens from the jar at the entrance of the café. Order your lunch, give the token to a cashier, and they'll take care of the rest. These tokens are a gift to you from other generous café patrons who want to help.
- Once you get back on your feet, "pay it forward!" Buy tokens to help someone else or make a donation at the register to help to fight food insecurity.
It is through your generosity and kindness that "Everybody Eats" at Bevier Café!
Location: Bevier Hall, Second Floor, 905 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana
Hours: Monday – Friday, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. when classes are in session
Dining Options: Dine-in, carry out or contactless online ordering.
Additional Information and Resources
Additional campus and local food insecurity resources can be found here.
The Illinois App has a tab at the bottom that says Wellness that has additional Wellness Resources.
There is also the Food Assistance and Well-Being Program, which is a shopping-style pantry located in the ARC Instructional Kitchen.
For questions or referrals to other programs, contact University Housing Dining Services at 217-333-1407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are campus department or organization and are interested in joining Everybody Eats, you can also email email@example.com.