Gender Inclusive Housing Options
We aim to provide a safe, welcoming home for students of all backgrounds and identities and are eager to help you find your community!
Undergraduate residence hall options:
- Allen Hall/Unit One offers a Gender-inclusive wing, which includes in-room coed, located in Allen 1 North. The Allen 1 North wing bathroom is a gender-inclusive bathroom and Individuals of any gender or gender identity will use the same bathroom at the same time.
- Hopkins and Weston Halls both offer coed by door (male designated rooms next to female designated rooms) on most floors and in-room coed options. Floor bathrooms have a designated gender.
- Nugent Hall offers in-room coed options and single or double rooms with individual-use bathrooms in close proximity.
- Wassaja Hall has two clusters of gender-inclusive rooms that allow in-room coed. All bathrooms in the building are individual use.
- Scott and Snyder Halls offer coed by door (male designated rooms next to female designated rooms) on most floors and in-room coed options. Floor bathrooms have a designated gender.
- Bousfield Hall (upper-division students only) offers single or double suites with attached gender-inclusive bathrooms.
- Illinois Street Residence Halls (Townsend and Wardall) offer in-room coed options and multiple individual-use bathrooms on each floor.
- Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (Babcock, Blaisdell, Carr, Saunders) is coed by door (male designated rooms next to female designated rooms). Additionally, the four residence halls offer in-room coed options and multiple individual-use bathrooms on each floor.
The “Rooms Page” in the housing contract portal details specifically which rooms are designated as in-room coed.
Graduate upper-division residence hall options:
- Single or double rooms with an attached bathroom (shared with another single or double room).
- Single or double rooms with a private bath.
Apartment assignments options:
- One-bedroom apartment with a kitchen and private bath.
- Two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen and shared bath.
LGBTQ Resources and Support
In-Hall Staff Support
Once you have moved in, your Resident Advisor (RA) is a great person to turn to for advice, support and questions. Your Resident Director (RD) is a professional staff member who oversees the administration and activities of your hall and supervises the RA staff. Your RD lives in an apartment in your building.
We have several active hall-based and area-based LGBT organizations. Check with your Resident Director or Resident Advisor to connect with your nearest group.
Campus LGBT Resource Center
We encourage you to connect with the campus LGBT Resource Center.