Unit One is a living-learning community made up of all Allen Hall residents. The Unit One program provides you with a creative and intellectually stimulating atmosphere in a lively and engaging community.
Location and Contact
Programs and Fee
Unit One/Allen Hall programs, many of which deal with contemporary political and social issues, add dimensions of controversy, activism, and social awareness to students' lives as an integral part of the educational goals of the program. Our arts facilities and courses allow all students, regardless of major, to explore their creativity.
- Guest-in-Residence Program - Writers, artists, inventors, performers, scholars, journalists, filmmakers and other interesting people live in a guest apartment in Allen Hall for a week and conduct workshops, performance and more with Unit One residents.
- Music Lessons - free individual instruction at any level and of any style of music.
- Student Groups - over 20 student-led groups based in Allen Hall.
- Three student Program Advisors who help students put on their own events.
- Performances, open mics, discussions, workshops, field trips, volunteer opportunities, recitals.
- PizzaFM - freeform, noncommercial, college radio station streaming online from Allen Hall, Unit One students get priority in becoming DJs.
A fee of $326 to support the co-curricular and extracurricular learning opportunities in this community is added to the academic year living costs.
Unit One provides its residents with almost 60 on-site credit-granting courses and provides additional academic support with on-staff academic directors, academic coordinators and accessible faculty for office hours and review sessions.
For more information, use Course Explorer. Here you can find class schedules, course catalog, general education requirements and registration information.