It's time to start planning for where you will live next academic year. Current students can sign up to Live on Campus between October and April each year.
Eligibility: Who Can Use Housing Sign-Up?
You must be currently registered as a University of Illinois student to select your room and roommate for next year. You must also be 18 at the time you sign the contract (if you will not be 18 during Housing Sign-Up, you will need to get consent electronically from a parent or guardian during the online sign-up process).
- Current University Housing residents can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 1.
- Illinois students who currently live off-campus can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 29.
You will need your EnterpriseID and password to log on to Housing Sign-Up. In most cases, your EnterpriseID is the same as your NetID. However, the passwords for each of these are set separately and can be different. To find out your EnterpriseID and to set your password, visit the Enterprise Applications Self-Service page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
You will also need the UIN or NetID of your preferred roommate(s). If your preferred roommate does not currently live with University Housing, you will need his or her name and birth date to complete the Roommate Request Form (Form Coming Soon).
Residence Hall Contract Rules and Advance Payment
To lock in your spot in University Housing, you must complete the online University Housing Contract. The contract is a LEGALLY BINDING document, so please take the time to review the 2020–2021 University Housing Contract. Read through all of the terms and conditions so that you fully understand your rights and requirements before you sign.
At the end of your Housing Sign-Up session, you will be asked to check a box that serves as your electronic signature and indicates that you have read and agree to the University Housing Contract. You will receive an email confirmation of the successful completion of your contract. Be careful not to miss this last step of the process! If you do not check the box and do not receive a confirmation email, you do not have a completed University Housing Contract.
NOTE: A $150 advance payment will be charged to your University student account after Housing Sign-Up closes on April 15, 2020.
Contract Cancellation Policy
Once you select a room and complete a contract, you have 30 days to cancel the contract with no charge. If you decide to cancel after the 30-day period, there will be a settlement charge of up to 75% of your entire contract amount.
Highlights and Changes for Fall 2020
- Illinois Street Residence Hall (ISR) Renovation + Addition: Renovated ISR Dining Center and Townsend Hall will open for the first time. All rooms in Wardall Hall will be offline due to construction.
- Busey-Evans Dining Hall will no longer be available. Residents are encouraged to dine at the newly renovated ISR Dining Center (six-minute walk) or LAR Dining Hall (four-minute walk).
- Evans Hall will remain an all-male residence hall.
- Non-Visitation Community will remain in Busey Hall 340-345.
- Transfer Community will be located on one floor in Scott Hall (fourth floor). Additional Transfer Community rooms will be available in Bousfield Hall (first floor).
- Constant Rate: Returning residents — the room and board rate sheet from the year you entered University Housing will still apply if you live with us continuously (up to four years). If you select a different room type or meal plan, you will only pay that year's rate set for those choices. Example: If you entered Housing in 2019–2020 and you choose a single for your sophomore year, you will pay the 2019–2020 rate for a single, not the 2020–2021 rate.
Additional Housing Options
- 12-Month Housing in Daniels Hall: 12-month housing is available. You can choose a May-to-May contract or an August-to-August contract.
- Eligibility for Daniels and Sherman Halls: All returning residents are eligible to live in Daniels and Sherman. These two halls are home to a mix of graduate students and undergraduate students who are sophomores and above. Rooms in these halls feature semi-private or private baths, and many rooms are singles. Meal plans are optional for residents, although many students like the convenience of eating at the dining halls.
- Will you need break housing? If you think you will need to live on campus over university breaks, consider selecting Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (PAR) or Snyder Hall for housing over fall, winter, and spring break, or Florida Avenue Residence Halls (FAR) for housing over fall and spring break. You may remain in your own room when you sign a Break Housing Contract.
- University Housing apartments: If you are a returning Illinois student, you are eligible to submit an application for a 12-month lease in Ashton Woods Apartments. The spacious two-bedroom furnished and unfurnished apartments are close to the College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Law, and the Assembly Hall. The apartment also allows pets. This community is a great mix of upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff. Apply online for Ashton Woods.
Contact the Housing Information Office. We're happy to help!