It's time to start planning for where you will live next academic year. Current students can sign up to Live on Campus between October and April each year.
Eligibility: Who Can Use Housing Sign-Up?
You must be currently registered as an University of Illinois student to select your room and roommate for next year. You must also be 18 at the time you sign the contract (if you will not be 18 during Housing Sign-Up, you will need to get consent electronically from a parent or guardian during the online sign-up process).
- Block Housing requests are taken from September 18 through October 2. (Closed)
- Current University Housing residents can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 2.
- Illinois students who currently live off-campus can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 30.
You will need your EnterpriseID and password to log on to Housing Sign-Up. In most cases, your EnterpriseID is the same as your NetID. However, the passwords for each of these are set separately and can be different. To find out your EnterpriseID and to set your password, visit the Enterprise Applications Self-Service page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
You will also need the UIN or NetID of your preferred roommate(s). If your preferred roommate does not currently live with University Housing, you will need his or her name and birth date to complete the Roommate Request Form.
Want to reserve a group of rooms with your friends? We can help! Find out the details and make your Block Housing request with our web form by 5 p.m. on October 2. (Block Housing is now closed.)
Residence Hall Contract Rules and Advance Payment
To lock in your spot in University Housing, you must complete the online University Housing Contract. The contract is a LEGALLY BINDING document, so please take the time to review the 2019–2020 University Housing Contract. Read through all of the terms and conditions so that you fully understand your rights and requirements before you sign.
At the end of your Housing Sign-Up session, you will be asked to check a box that serves as your electronic signature and indicates that you have read and agree to the University Housing Contract. You will receive an email confirmation of the successful completion of your contract. Be careful not to miss this last step of the process! If you do not check the box and do not receive a confirmation email, you do not have a completed University Housing Contract.
NOTE: A $150 advance payment will be charged to your University student account after Housing Sign-Up closes on April 15, 2019.
Contract Cancellation Policy
Once you select a room and complete a contract, you have 30 days to cancel the contract with no charge. If you decide to cancel after the 30-day period, there will be a settlement charge of up to 75% of your entire contract amount.
Highlights for Fall 2019
- Illinois Street Residence Hall (ISR) Renovation + Addition: Townsend Hall will be closed due to construction. All rooms in Wardall Hall will be available.
- Evans Hall will be converted to an all-male residence hall.
- Non-Visitation Community has been moved from Evans Hall 339-347 to Busey Hall 340-345.
- Honors LLC has expanded to include the fifth floor of Nugent Hall.
- Transfer Community has been reduced to one floor in Scott Hall (fourth floor). Additional Transfer Community rooms have been added in Bousfield Hall on the first floor.
- Incentives: This year we are offering a variety of incentives to students who renew their contract as a way to appreciate our returning students and to build excitement around living in University Housing. See the list of more than $20,00 in prizes we're giving away!
- Constant Rate: Returning residents—the room and board rate sheet from the year you entered University Housing will still apply if you live with us continuously (up to 4 years). If you select a different room type or meal plan, you will only pay that year's rate set for those choices. Example: If you entered Housing in 2018–2019 and you choose a single for your sophomore year, you will pay the 2018–2019 rate for a single, not the 2019–2020 rate.
Additional Housing Options
- 12-Month Housing in Daniels Hall: 12-month housing is available. You can choose a May-to-May contract or an August-to-August contract.
- Eligibility for Daniels and Sherman Halls: All returning residents are eligible to live in Daniels and Sherman. These two halls are home to a mix of graduate students and undergraduate students who are sophomores and above. Rooms in these halls feature semi-private or private baths, and many rooms are singles. Meal plans are optional for residents, although many students like the convenience of eating at the dining halls.
- Will you need break housing? If you think you will need to live on campus during fall, winter, or spring breaks, consider selecting Florida Avenue Residence Halls (FAR), Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (PAR), or Snyder Hall. These halls remain open over breaks, and you may remain in your own room when you sign a Break Housing Contract.
- University Housing apartments: If you are a returning Illinois student, you are eligible to submit an application for a 12-month lease in Ashton Woods Apartments. The spacious two-bedroom furnished and unfurnished apartments are close to the College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Law, Demirjian Golf Practice Facility, and the Assembly Hall. The apartment also allows pets. This community is a great mix of upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff. Apply online for Ashton Woods.
Contact the Housing Information Office. We're happy to help!