Many students choose to live in the residence halls for a second, third, and fourth year. In fact, 29% of residents live with University Housing for more than one year.
Housing Sign-Up Academic Year 2021–2022
Why live on campus?
- Live with other returning Illini. With a change of pace from the traditional freshmen experience, choose from five halls designated for sophomores and above.
- Live close. Why live near campus when you can live on campus! With close access to classes and buses, go ahead and hit your snooze button.
- Built-in support system. College can be fun but also challenging. Choosing to live in the residence halls comes with a support system of friends and in-hall staff.
- Never miss out. Living on campus means greater access to high-profile lectures, concerts, sporting events, and more social events than you could ever imagine.
- Meal plans. Eat at any of the ten University Housing dining locations on campus.
- Flexible living terms. Don't sign a 12-month off-campus apartment lease — our 9-month academic year contract covers just what you need.
- No hidden costs. Pay one bill per semester. No additional laundry, utility, or grocery costs, or steep security deposit and application fee.
- Worried about subletting? Looking to participate in the Study Abroad Program? We will release you from your housing contract spring semester.
- Academic success. Compared to students who live off campus, those who live on campus have higher GPAs.
New in Academic Year 2021-2022:
- Taft-Van Doren Halls: Taft Van-Doren will be home to exclusively sophomores and above, feature more single rooms, and offer the option to select a 6 Classic Meal or 6 Classic Meal/25 Café Credits per week meal plan.
- Wardall Hall: Wardall Hall reopens following a yearlong renovation. Hall features include new paint and floor, new room furniture, in-room climate control, individual-use bathrooms, and additional gender-inclusive rooms.
- Honors LLC: Wardall Hall will be the new home of the Honors LLC.
- Business LLC: Nugent Hall will be the new home of the Business LLC.
Academic Year 2021-2022 Revised Cancellation Policy:
Things feel uncertain right now. That's why we're providing the utmost flexibility and extending our cancellation policy. Please note: These cancellation deadlines apply only to the academic year 2021-2022 contract.
- Complete an academic year 2021-2022 contract between October 19 and December 31, and you have until January 31 to cancel with no charge.
- Complete an academic year 2021-2022 contract on or after January 1 and before April 15, and you have a 30-day period to cancel the contract with no charge.
University Housing Apartments:
- Prefer an apartment? Returning residents are also eligible to submit an application for a 12-month lease at Ashton Woods Apartments. A pet-friendly complex with furnished and unfurnished two-bedroom apartments, Ashton Woods is home to a mix of graduate students and upper-division undergraduate students. Parking and some utilities are included in the rent.