Many students choose to live in the residence halls for a second, third, and fourth year. In fact, 25% of residents live with University Housing for more than one year.
Housing Sign-Up Academic Year 2022–2023
Why live on campus?
- Live with other returning Illini. With a change of pace from the traditional freshmen experience, choose from five halls designated for sophomores and above.
- Live close. Why live near campus when you can live on campus! With close access to classes and buses, go ahead and hit your snooze button.
- Built-in community. College can be fun but also challenging. Choosing to live in the residence halls comes with a support system of friends and in-hall staff.
- Never miss out. Living on campus means greater access to high-profile lectures, concerts, sporting events, and more social events than you could ever imagine.
- Meal plans. Eat at any of the ten University Housing dining locations on campus.
- Flexible living terms. Don't sign a 12-month off-campus apartment lease — our 9-month academic year contract covers just what you need.
- No hidden costs. Pay one bill per semester. No additional laundry, utility, or grocery costs, or steep security deposit and application fee.
- Worried about subletting? Looking to participate in the Study Abroad Program? We will release you from your housing contract Spring Semester.
- Academic success. Compared to students who live off campus, those who live on campus have higher GPAs.
Did You Know:
- Taft-Van Doren Halls: Taft Van-Doren is home to exclusively sophomores and above, featuring more single rooms and offer the option to select a 6 Classic Meal or 6 Classic Meal/25 Dining Dollars per week meal plan.
- Wardall and Townsend Halls: Halls feature include new paint and floor, new room furniture, in-room climate control, individual-use bathrooms and additional gender-inclusive rooms.
- Sherman and Daniels Halls: These graudate-upper divison halls feature more single room and semi-private bathrooms and do not require residents to have a meal plan.
- Honors LLC: Wardall Hall is the new home of the Honors LLC.
- Business LLC: Nugent Hall is the new home of the Business LLC.
- LEADS LLC: Weston is the new home for the LEADS LLC.
University Housing Apartments:
- Prefer an apartment? Returning residents are also eligible to submit an application for a 12-month lease at Ashton Woods Apartments. A pet-friendly complex with furnished and unfurnished two-bedroom apartments, Ashton Woods is home to a mix of graduate students and upper-division undergraduate students. Parking and some utilities are included in the rent.