Hall Changes

Residence Hall Room Changes

Fall 2019 Requests

After room assignments are communicated at the end of June, if you are still interested in requesting a change you may submit a Room Change Request in MyHousing after 8 a.m. on August 26, 2019. You may also speak with your resident director after moving in to discuss concerns with your assignment. 

Please note that Room Change Requests will not be approved until we have placed all students who are living in temporary housing into a permanent room assignment. It could be several weeks and even months into the fall term before we will have any available space to approve requests submitted online. Requests will be honored in time and date order, if and when space becomes available.

Spring 2020 Requests

To request a room change for the spring semester 2020, please submit an online Room Change Request in MyHousing by noon on November 22, 2019.

Transferring Your Contract to a Hall Outside of University Housing

According to the Reciprocal Agreement, a new student is eligible once a year to transfer their University Housing Contract without penalty between units that participate in the reciprocal program (Private Certified Housing facilities and certified fraternities and sororities). The form is available on our Forms and Documents web page. Students who apply to move more than once will not be considered under the reciprocal agreement and will be subject to prior contractual obligations.

  • Current undergraduate students may cancel their Fall Housing Contract with their current facility without a settlement charge by completing the Reciprocal Agreement Form by May 15 and moving to the approved housing that fall.
  • Current undergraduate students may cancel their Spring Housing Contract with their current facility without a settlement charge by completing the Reciprocal Agreement form by November 15 and moving to the approved housing for spring semester.

See the Housing Calendar of Important Dates for more deadlines, including the Reciprocal Agreement for new students.

When a Roommate Leaves: Keeping Your Room as a Single 

It may be possible to buy out the double as a single after assignments have been completed for all students with contracts (temporary or new spring contracts). If a vacancy is confirmed for your room, you may request to pay an increased rate to retain the vacancy in your present room for spring semester (e.g., rent a double as a single). The additional charge will be added to your University account. If the Vacancy Buyout option occurs in the fall semester, the charge is submitted immediately. 

The Vacancy Buyout process will be facilitated at the residence hall level if it is determined that University Housing has space to make the opportunity available. Once a student commits to buying the double out as a single, the student may not  cancel the Vacancy Buyout. 

Contract Cancellation

Use the cancellation form to cancel your University Housing Contract for the following semester. If you currently live in the residence halls and are canceling effective immediately, you should see your area secretary at the area office to complete the necessary cancellation paperwork. See section 11 of the Housing Contract for applicable deadlines and terms regarding full and partial refund of the $150 advance payment. If you are not canceling your Housing Contract for one of the reasons approved in section 11, you are subject to a settlement charge of up to 75% of your room and board rate. If you do not receive email confirming your cancellation, then your contract is not considered canceled. Print and save this email for your records.

Transferring to a University Apartment

Current University Housing residence hall residents may use our online form to request to move into one of our University Apartments (Orchard Downs, Ashton Woods, or Goodwin-Green).