Apply Now

Residence Halls

Before you complete your contract, here are some helpful resources:

First-Time Attending Students

If you're a newly admitted student, please accept your offer of admission to the University of Illinois, and then wait 48 hours before completing your housing contract. If you would like to complete a 2022 - 2023 Housing Contract, please stop by the Housing Information Office to do so. The 2022-2023 Housing Contract is no longer available online.

Current Students

  • Thinking of re-signing with us? Housing Sign-Up for 2023 - 2024 is going on now!
  • Spring Only 2023 Housing Contract: Apply Now!

University Apartments

We offer a variety of apartment and lease options for graduate students, research associates, students with families, faculty/staff, transfer students and visiting scholars. To be eligible for these accommodations, the leaseholder of a University Housing apartment must be formally affiliated with the University. Apply now for University Apartments

Meal Plan Only

Do you live off campus but still want a meal plan? You are welcome to dine with us in our award-winning dining facilities. Our meal plans can be used at five dining halls conveniently located all over campus. Sign up for a meal plan.

Additional Housing

During the year, specialty housing is available for students in both the halls and apartments. Please choose one of the following options if you are living in the halls and will need housing during the fall, winter, or spring breaks, or if you are visiting the University and in need of guest housing.

Summer Housing

We offer summer housing for students who plan to live in the residence halls during the summer. Summer rates are affordable, and Daniels Hall is conveniently located on campus near the Illini Union. 

Short-Stay Housing

Fully furnished apartments for any individual/group affiliated with the University of Illinois for a term of 1 month–6 months. Learn more about Short-Stay Housing. Apply for Short-Stay Housing

Break Housing

For students who plan to remain in the residence halls during periods when most residence halls are closed.

Temporary Housing

If you received a message that you were assigned to a room in temporary housing for the fall, read the temporary housing web page for photos, a video, and more details.

Students can also choose to live in a Private Certified Housing facility.

Gender-Inclusive Options

Visit our Gender-Inclusive Options page to see the range of choices available to you. You may also contact the Housing Information Office at (217) 333-7111 or for more information.

Accommodation Information

If you believe you require housing accommodations due to a documented disability-related condition, you will need to register with the Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) in addition to submitting your housing application. DRES is responsible for providing services to students with disabilities and is available to consult with other areas of campus regarding ADA accessibility issues. For further information on how to register with DRES, visit or call (217) 333-4603. See University Housing's ADA options.