Move-In Instructions August 16-23
Visit this page often. The information below is subject to change per developments in COVID-19.
Graduate Upper-Division Halls
All University Housing residents are required to complete a COVID-19 test prior to checking into their residence hall.
Prior to receiving your PPE kit and room key, you will be required to complete a COVID-Test.
- Testing is free and you will be asked to provide a saliva sample.
- Bring your i-card. An electronic version is also available through the Illinois App.
- Do not eat, drink, brush your teeth, use mouth wash, chew gum, or use tobacco up to 30 minutes before submitting your saliva sample.
- Test results will be available within 5 to 48 hours.
As soon as you complete your COVID-19 test, you may move into your residence hall. Test results could take up to 48 hours to receive, so there is no wait time requirement. While you wait for your results, please be cautious and limit time spent outside of your room, wear your face covering and social distance in public areas, and wash your hands multiple times per day.
Moving Into Your Hall:
- At your scheduled Move-In time, go to your hall, Sherman or Daniels, and pull up to the designated unloading area.
- Visit your assigned area/front desk to checkout your room key and receive your PPE kit.
- Unload your belongings.
- Deliver belongings to your room. Guests must exit your hall when you are done moving and will not be allowed back into the building.
Move-In Safety Guidelines:
As you move in, the following safety guidelines must be followed:
- Limit the number of individuals helping you move to two.
- Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose must be worn (unless for medical purposes).
- Please limit elevators to one family at a time.
- Hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, and moving carts will be available, but you are encouraged to also bring your own.
- If you, or one of the individuals helping you move, begins to experience symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not come to campus.