Resources for Housing Paraprofessionals

Residential Life Resource Center

Located in the Ikenberry Commons Library

The Ikenberry Library houses our Resource Center collection with books about Student Affairs, College Student Development, Leadership Studies, Social Justice, and Training & Development for the use of the professional and paraprofessional staff of University Housing. The Resource Center also holds many DVDs with Public Performance Rights that can be shown for Housing programs.

We are excited to partner with Residence Life and student organizations however we can. We welcome ideas and suggestions for programs and services. 

  • The library is available as a space to hold programs.
  • We can create bulletin boards or displays in the library to tie into hall programs.
  • We can compile bibliographies of works in the Residence Hall Libraries and other university libraries that pertain to an issue or theme.
  • Library Supervisors can give short presentations or provide materials on the Residence Hall Libraries services and holdings to your residents.
  • The library accepts requests to purchase materials from students, staff, and faculty.

Showing Films at Your Programs

Want to show a film? To legally show a film at a program, the University must have purchased public performance rights to it. Read our Guide to Public Performance Rights (pdf). Please contact us at or (217) 333-7150 with any questions.