Illini Cash offers convenience for students, faculty, and staff to use your i-card for purchases. No need to carry cash, as Illini Cash is accepted at numerous locations on campus.
Adding Illini Cash to your i-card is a quick and convenient way to purchase food, books, computer equipment, printing, and other select services across campus.
There is no fee to open or use Illini Cash and it’s easy to add money with a credit card online or through the Illinois app. There is no minimum purchase required and active accounts do not expire. Illini Cash is not refundable once it is put on your i-card. See Terms and Conditions for more details
Illini Cash Over Breaks
Illini Cash stays on your i-card as long as you’re an Illini student and have an active i-card. Once you have a balance, it is non-refundable. It won’t go away over semester or summer break.
You must use your Illini Cash at least once within a 12-month period. If you do not use it after 12-months, there is a $5 per month charge until you make a purchase or have a zero balance.
You would need to have made a purchase using Illini Cash since August 2018 to avoid a fee charge this summer.
Illini Cash is accepted at these locations
- All dining halls
- 57 North at SDRP
- The Caffeinator at SDRP
- Terrabyte at Illinois Street Residence Halls
- InfiniTEA at Illinois Street Residence Halls
- Urbana South Market at Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Hall
- Good 2 Go Food Truck
- Illini Union Bookstore
- Illini Union Hotel
- Quad Shop
- Rec Room
- Starbucks (Courtyard Café)
- Starbucks (Illini Union Bookstore)
- Tech Zone
- Blaze Pizza
- Einstein's Bagels
Other Campus Locations
- Daily Byte Cafe at Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE)
- McKinley Business Office
- McKinley Pharmacy
- Undergraduate Library
- All Coca-Cola beverage vending machines across campus
- All Canteen snack vending machines across campus
- Jitters at the College of Law
- Oregon Street Starbucks in Urbana
- Espresso Royale Undergraduate Library
- Espresso Royal Grainger Library
- Espresso Royal Business Instructional Facility (BIF)
- Espresso Royal Krannert Museum
- Einstein's Bagels at the Armory
- Einstein's Bagels at Siebel
- Einstein's Bagels at Veterinary Medicine
- 2302 S. Neil St., Champaign
- 201 W. University Ave., Urbana
- 903 W. Marketview Dr., Champaign
Problems Adding Illini Cash?
If you indicated you have a preferred name through Self-Service, please make sure to enter the preferred name when adding Illini Cash.
Example: Robert Smith entered the preferred first name Bob in Self-Service. He would need to use the first name Bob when adding Illini Cash.
If you get this error message Sorry, we can’t find your UIN in our database. Please verify that your UIN, First Name and Last Name match what is on your i-card. If it does, then your i-card has not been activated. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Visit go.uillinois.edu/MyPhotoSubmit and login.
2. Make sure that the page displays “Your i-card is being mailed.”
3. Enter your 16-digit card number. It is on the front of your i‑card in the lower right.
4. Click the Activate this i-card button, and refresh your browser.
5. Make sure that the page displays “Your i-card is active.”