University Housing offers basic digital cable in rooms and lounges throughout the residence halls. This can only be viewed if your television has a built in digital tuner. If you have an older model television, your television probably will not have a digital tuner built in and will not be able to support the digital channels without a digital converter box.
In Ashton Woods and Orchard Downs, cable TV service is provided by Comcast.
If you need assistance with your TV's connection (e.g. the coaxial box appears damaged), submit a maintenance request .
If there is a problem with your Comcast TV service, submit a request to Comcast.
Connecting your TV
- Residents will need to supply their own coaxial cable.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the coaxial wall jack, which may be behind furniture.
- Connect the other end of the coaxial cable to your TV.
- There is a large switch near the coaxial wall jack that switches the type of service your TV gets. Flip it if necessary.
- Once your television is connected to the coaxial wall jack, go to your television's settings and scan for channels.
If you have a digital media player or smart TV, you can also connect it to our network.
If you need assistance getting your smart TV or media player connect to the network submit a help request.
See our list of channels.
If you are not able to access the channels, be sure to check if your TV includes a QAM tuner. A QAM tuner is a device that allows TVs to receive digital cable channels. Most modern TV sets have QAM tuners built into the set, however there are some that have not been updated to include them and will require a separate QAM tuner to receive digital channels.