Skip to main content
- i-cards: Each resident living in the residence halls is issued access through their i-card, which will permit entrance to their hall and their floor security door. Residents should never lend their i-card to another person. There is a $25 replacement charge for lost i-cards. The i-card is University property and must be shown upon request to any staff member, including resident directors, resident advisors, desk clerks, dining room staff, office staff, or other residence hall employees. A student may possess only one i-card. Anyone possessing more than one i- card is subject to disciplinary action. A University staff member may confiscate the extra i-card or an i-card that is in the possession of a guest. If a lost i-card is found, students should return it to the nearest hall/area office.
- Keys: Loaning a room/suite key to another person or duplicating a room/suite key is prohibited. Students should keep their room/suite door locked at all times. Keys found in possession of someone other than the designated resident will be confiscated. There is a $50 per key charge for lost keys, and there may be an additional charge for lock replacement.
- Unauthorized entry: Students are prohibited to enter places that a reasonable person would know not to enter without appropriate permissions. Such places might include, but are not limited to the following: mechanical rooms, roofs, dining kitchens, other student rooms, storage closets, construction sites, loading docks, or behind residence hall desks.
- Bathroom Usage Guidelines: All residents and their guests may only use the bathroom of the gender with which they identify.
- Excessive Temporary Cards: The use of temporary access cards are loaned to a resident to permit access to their residence hall and access to their meal plan during the span that the original i-Card is unavailable. All students are provided three (3) complimentary temporary access cards each semester. Temporary access cards are active for a 72-hour period, and must be returned to a desk when reactivating the original i-Card. Beginning on the 4th request, a $20 fee will be assessed to the student’s account and will increase by $20 with each subsequent request.
- Excessive Loan Keys: The use of back-up keys to loan to a resident is a service to assist when a resident temporarily misplaces their room key. All residents are provided three (3) complimentary key loans each semester. The loan key must be returned to the front desk within 24 hours or a lock change will be issued at a cost of $50 to the resident. Beginning on the 4th request, a $20 fee will be assessed to the student’s account and will increase by $20 with each subsequent request.