Show us your Fab Pad!
The Fab Pad Contest is open to students living in all residence halls! Show off your room for a chance to win prizes and earn the title of the Best Room on campus picked from hundreds of entries.
See the last year's winning rooms on our Fab Pad Fall 2018 Facebook gallery.
Congratulations to the 2018 Winners!
Photos and videos will be posted soon.
IKE North Winner — (UU) Mariel Galvan, Nugent Hall
IKE South Winner — (MM) Skylar Rolle, Scott Hall
Urbana North Winner — (Y) Julia Roessler, Allen Hall
Urbana South Winner — (KK) Emily Simonich, Oglesby Hall (FAR)
Best Single — (J) Kyle Kieta, Lundgren Hall
Best Double — (X) Laine Cameron, Taft Hall and (U) Chloe Robinson and Christine Varvitsiotis, Van Doren Hall
Best Overall – (O/Q) Olivia Bohleber and Saskia Vince, Busey Hall
People’s Choice – (E) Sarah Haddad, Blaisdell Hall (PAR)
- (FF) Nathan Ehrenhofer, Trelease Hall
- (B) Taylor Jones, LAR
- (TT) Lauryn Praet, Taft Hall
- (QQ) Jamie Perakis, Bousfield Hall
How it Works
Complete an Entry Form and upload at least one (1) great photo that showcases your room. Show off more views to give the best view your room — you can submit up to three (3) photos.
Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, October 5.
If you have trouble with the form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will post all entries to a Fab Pad Photo Gallery on the University Housing's Facebook page. Fans will be invited to Like and Comment upon their favorite entries between October 7 and 12.
The Fab Pad judges will select award winners based on cleanliness, creativity, and space utilization and may also take into consideration feedback from the Facebook Gallery. The People's Choice winner will be selected based upon the highest number of LIKES on their Facebook photo. LIKES may be solicited through sharing and comments to increase post engagement.
Winners will be announced on October 19.
Who Can Enter
All current residents of University Housing residence halls — including Sherman and Daniels Halls — are invited to participate in the contest. Residents in single rooms or single bedrooms within suites or apartments may enter individually. However, all residents of multi-occupancy units must agree to enter the contest if submitting for shared spaces. Contestants must abide by all residence hall policies in order to qualify.
- Get creative with your photography! Shoot the room/unit from unique angles.
- Send high-quality photos.
- Show your school spirit.
- Be yourself! We want to see your personality come out through your design choices.
Lots of Prizes!
Everyone who enters the contest will be entered into a drawing for $100 Illini Cash.
There will be six (6) winners chosen in different categories. Each of these will win a $100 Amazon Gift Card and will get a professional photo and video shoot of their room that will be shared on the University Housing website and on social media channels.
1st Place from Urbana North
1st Place from Urbana South
1st Place from Ikenberry North
1st Place from Ikenberry South
Best Single Room
Best Double Room
The People's Choice winner will be the room with the most LIKES received on Facebook. The winner will receive a $200 Amazon Gift Card, a professional photo and video shoot, and 360 degree photoshoot that will be featured on the University Housing website and social media accounts.
The Best Overall winner will be chosen from the winners of the above seven categories. The winner will receive a $200 Amazon Gift Card, a professional photo and video shoot, and 360 degree photoshoot that will be featured on the University Housing website and social media accounts.
The Fine Print
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- Only digital images of contest participant rooms will be accepted.
- Please take pictures of your room with enough light that your room is actually visible.
- Judges will select winners based on cleanliness, creativity, best use of space, and individuality.
- If living in a double, triple, or quad occupancy room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest.
- Entries which display a violation of the University Housing Contract or policies will be disqualified.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of their photographs and name to be used by University Housing in electronic/print publications, social media, promotional videos, and other multimedia.
- Winners will be contacted by University Housing around October 29 to schedule a their photo and video shoot of their room in November.
- Prize winners will need to complete paperwork to receive their prize and may need to report the prize on their 2018–2019 tax forms.
If you have any further questions about the contest, feel free to contact us.