Winter Break Closing Times
December 20 through January 15
Undergraduate Residence Halls close at 3 p.m. on December 22 and will open at 9 a.m. on January 13.
If you wish to remain in your residence hall room beyond the closing date on December 22, complete the Extended Stay Request Form and submit it to your area office or resident director by Thursday, December 13 at 5 p.m. Students involved in commencement or have a family member graduating, international students, those with flights on Sunday, those that work for University Housing, or those participating in the ceremonies in the band/choir are permitted to apply for an extension. You will be informed if the extension request is approved/denied by end of the day on December 17.
Thursday, December 20
- All dining halls will close after the regular dinner services. (This is the last day for regular hours of operation until January 14.)
- PAR is closed for After Dark.
- Penn Station at PAR closes at 10 p.m.
- Chomps at ISR closes at 10 p.m.
- 57 North at SDRP closes at 10 p.m. and Caffeinator at SDRP closes at 2 p.m.
- All Residence Hall Libraries close at 5 p.m.
- SDRP closes at 11 p.m.
Friday, December 21
- All dining operations are closed until January 14.
- SDRP is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, December 22
- Undergraduate residence halls close at 3 p.m.
- Computer labs and laundry rooms will be closed and locked at noon.
- SDRP is closed.
Sunday, January 13
- Undergraduate residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- All dining operations and SDRP are closed today.
- Hall computer labs open at noon.
Monday, January 14
- Normal operating hours resume at all locations.