Fall Break Closing and Reopening Times
The residence halls will close for fall break at 3 p.m. on Saturday, November 21 through Sunday, January 17. Need to stay on campus? Apply for continued housing here.
We strongly urge that if you travel away from the Champaign-Urbana-Savoy area for the break, you should plan to remain away until you return for the spring semester.
If you plan to remain on campus, you are required to continue your regular COVID-19 testing schedule. Testing locations and hours can be found at covid19.illinois.edu
Fall Break Closing Dates and Times
Saturday, November 21
- All-You-Care-To-Eat Dining Halls close: 2:30 p.m.
- SDRP open: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Retail locations open: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday, November 22 - Friday, December 18
- FAR Dining Hall: Brunch 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Dinner 5-7 p.m.
- TerraBYTE: Retail 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 57 North: Lunch 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Dinner 5-7 p.m.; Retail 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Dining halls closed November 26 and 27.
December 19-January 17: All dining locations will be closed.
Sunday, January 17
- Undergraduate residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- SDRP open: 8 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
Monday, January 18
- Dining Halls opening at 10:30 a.m. for lunch
- SDRP opens at 8 a.m. (tentative)
Tuesday, January 19
- Dining Halls and Dining Retail Locations resume normal operating hours.
- Residence Hall Libraries resume normal operating hours.
- SDRP resumes normal operating hours