Student Feedback Matters
Throughout the year, University Housing sends out surveys asking about your living experience. So what happens to all of that feedback?
Your opinions help to shape our programs, living configurations, and green initiatives, to name a few.
Student feedback has contributed to:
- Addition of gender-inclusive living options at Allen, Babcock, Saunders, and Wassaja.
- Creation of the new Honors Living-Learning Community.
- New power outlets and USB ports in seating areas around the SDRP
- All residence halls have in-room wireless Internet
- The SDRP is open 24/7 during the academic year
- New bike racks added near the SDRP
- The selection of new hall furniture
- Illinois app - now you can see nutrition information and check your meal plan balances
- New meal plan options during fall and spring breaks
- Hot breakfast starting earlier—now available at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday
- 57 North opening earlier based on student requests
- Kitchenettes in Weston, Hopkins, Snyder, Scott, Van Doren and Clark
- Coed options at Sherman and Bousfield Hall
- Room blocks, so you can sign up to live with a group of friends
- The establishment of the Sustainability LLC
- The establishment of the Scholars Community in LAR
- Suite-style configurations in new Bousfield Hall
- Longer all-you-care-to-eat dining hours with the addition of PAR After Dark and Ikenberry Dining Hall staying open for an additional hour
- Constant rate program in the residence halls
- No increase or small increase from year to year in many of our University Apartment rates
- Ongoing installation of air conditioning
- Many of our menu items, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, and the Bibimbap Bar at ISR
- The use of natural lighting at the Ikenberry Dining Hall
- The music and movies we carry at the Residence Hall Libraries
Testimonials form —Want to be featured in a Housing promotion? Fill out this form and you could be featured in a video, on our website, or in a print publication.
Contact form —Use this form at any time to get answers to your Housing questions or to submit your ideas.