Daniels Closing Information 2022
MOVING OUT OF DANIELS HALL
Unless you have a confirmed 12-month contract, which includes Summer 2022, you must vacate your room by 12 p.m. (noon) on Sunday, May 15. Residents with confirmed 12-month contracts that cover Summer 2022 do not need to apply for Summer Housing or vacate their rooms.
- Residents who cannot leave by 12 p.m. (noon) on May 15 must apply online for Summer Housing.
- There is a seven-night minimum stay for Summer Housing.
- Summer Housing charges are billed to University student accounts. No cash or checks are accepted.
- If you stay after noon on May 15, you will be charged for a minimum of seven (7) nights of housing at the Summer Housing rate.
Forwarding Your Mail
- If you do not reside at Daniels Hall for the summer term, we will not hold your mail.
- Update your mailing address so that staff can forward your mail. Please update your forwarding address online before you check out.
- Only first-class mail will be forwarded to your new address.
- Packages received after your departure will not be held and will not be forwarded. Packages will be immediately returned to the sender.
- To expedite delivery of your mail, notify your bank, friends, magazine companies, movie/music clubs, etc. of your new address.
How to Vacate Your Room
- Remove all personal belongings from the room and bath, empty the waste basket, and remove posters, tape residue, stickers, nails, hooks, etc. to avoid charges for cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean and defrost the MicroFridge, and leave the unit plugged in and turned on.
- Close and lock windows, turn off lights, and lock the room door.
Checking Out of the Hall & Returning Room Key
After removing belongings from your room, follow the self-checkout instructions located in the main lobby and return your room key in the envelope provided in the key drop slot. Failure to do so will result in a key lock change and other charges.
Moving carts are available in the lobby on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be considerate of other residents and limit the use of a cart to 30 minutes or during the time you are actually moving.
Personal Property and Storage
There is no summer storage at Daniels. All personal property left in resident rooms or in the building will be considered abandoned and disposed of in the trash as stated in the Housing Contract.
Due to final exams and summer move-in, regular resident bathroom cleaning by Housing staff will stop on Reading Day, Thursday, May 5, and will not resume until Tuesday, May 31.
Meal Plan Information
Lunch on Friday, May 13, will be the last meal served in the dining halls for the spring semester.
CONTINUING RESIDENT FOR SUMMER?
Unless you have a confirmed 12-month contract, which includes Summer 2022, you must apply online for summer housing. Summer Housing is available between May 15 and August 7, 2022.
If you are a continuing 12-month or summer resident, you do not check out at the desk or return your room key. Daniels will remain open over the summer, and you may come and go as you please. Carry your ID and room key at all times. For your security, please make sure your room door is locked and windows are closed before leaving. When air conditioning is on and windows are left open, condensation will form and water damage may occur; make sure windows are closed before leaving.
Leaving for an Extended Period of Time
If you plan to leave for an extended period of time, please be sure to take the following steps.
- Disconnect all electrical appliances except the MicroFridge.
- Empty wastebasket, and return any borrowed items from the Daniels desk.
- Remove personal items from your bathroom for weekly bathroom cleaning.
- Close and lock windows, turn off all lights, and lock your room door.
- There will be regular mail services during the summer. Mail will only be held for current summer residents. First-class mail will be forwarded.
- Packages will only be held for current summer and 12-month residents. All other packages will be immediately returned to the sender.
- Newspapers will be held for three days and then discarded.
Bathroom Cleaning & Pest Control
Due to final exams and summer move-in, regular resident bathroom cleaning by Housing staff will stop on Reading Day, Thursday, May 5, and will not resume until Tuesday, May 31. Staff may enter rooms for lights left on, open windows, etc. while conducting routine maintenance work. Violations will not be ignored. Rooms may be treated for pest control, and air-conditioning unit filters may be changed.
Questions? Contact your resident advisor (RA) or email email@example.com.