Allen Hall Groups
Allen Hall has more than 20 student groups to meet like-minded people to create and engage with. Meeting information is shared in the weekly newsletter Allenotes.
Is something missing? Talk to a PA to learn how YOU can start your own club or put on your own program! Email email@example.com.
- Allen Hall Board of Activities (AHBOA): We allocate funds for programming, organize events for the end-of-the-year showcases, and run other creative projects throughout the year
- Eusa Nia: one of the seven Black Student Unions in University Housing. Located in Allen Hall, “Eusa Nia” is Swahili for “Black Purpose.” That “purpose” is to instill pride and understanding of the African-American community in Allen Hall through programs, discussions, and social events. So, do I have to be Black to participate? Nope. All residents of Allen Hall are welcome!
- Q: Allen Hall's discussion and support group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally students. Q offers a safe space and a new family for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or ally students. We engage in weekly thoughtful conversations and provide educational programming for Allen Hall. Everyone is welcome!
- SLAYS: Explores and experiences Latinx cultures through discussion and participation in relevant events.
- AcappAllen: An audition-free a cappella group that meets once a week for practice, and performs at Coffeehouse, Allen Hall’s monthly open mic showcase of resident’s talents.
- Allen Artists: Create with different materials and snacks every week! All skill levels are welcome.
- Allen Gaming: A club for gamers by gamers. We bring board games, video games, card games, and consoles to share and teach each other new games.
- Allen Hall Book Club: We choose new, interesting books to read and discuss at meetings.
- Ceramics Club: Learn more about ceramics and create art together. Participants can also get on the key list to use the ceramics studio anytime.
- Dungeon's & Dragons: Want to fight dragons, discover treasure, and become an adventurer? Join your hallmates for a session of Dungeons & Dragons! All experience levels welcome.
- Food of Love: This student group aims to master the kitchen by creating a new culinary dish each meeting.
- INK: If you are interested in poetry, playwriting, storytelling, etc. this is the group for you.
- International Culture Club: A chance for international and domestic students to meet and learn from each other.
- Painting with Bob Ross: Express creativity by following the guidance of Bob Ross, an artist whose videos online are entertaining and helpful.
- Photo Club: For beginners and experienced photographers to learn from each other, collaborate, and take photos.
- Planeteers: Make Allen Hall and our campus more environmentally friendly, while also learning about and enjoying the environment.
- Run For Your Life: This group gets together to run.
- Science Alliance: Learn about science, discuss issues in science, and try out new amazing things in the world of science.
- The Talk: A safe space to discuss sex and sexuality.
- Theater Bums: We do improv games, listen to musical theater, and have a great time. No experience required.
- The Body Positivity Project: a positive, safe space to promote self-esteem, confidence, and positive body image.
- vAllenteers: Focus on building community by participating in various activities that give back to the community.
- Yoga: Nurture your body and mind through guided practices with professional instructors. All experience levels are welcome.