Apartment Transfer

In order to accommodate your changing needs, the Family & Graduate Housing office has made it possible for you to transfer from one apartment to another within Family & Graduate Housing. The Apartment Transfer Request Policy (pdf) outlines all you need to know if you wish to transfer to another apartment. Please read this information carefully if you are interested in transferring to another apartment. 

Submit a Transfer Request

Lease Cancellation

If your plans change and you will not be attending the University of Illinois, you must notify the Family & Graduate Housing office in writing. See your lease terms and conditions on the Forms/Documents page for further details.

Lease Termination

If you will be graduating or ending your affiliation with the University, you are required to terminate your lease by submitting the Early Termination of Lease Request form and giving Family & Graduate Housing a 45-day notice. The Early Termination of Lease Request form (pdf) is available at the Family & Graduate Housing office or online. Please note that other forms of communication will not serve as notice of your intent to terminate. Please refer to the Family & Graduate Housing lease terms and conditions for specific details.

Changing from an Apartment to a Residence Hall

Current University Apartment residents can use our online transfer request form to request to move to a University Housing residence hall.

See the Forms & Documents page for a full listing of forms and documents related to apartment residents and lease changes.