Tips for Success
Tips to shine in the Resident Advisor and Multicultural Advocate selection process.
- Read about the Illinois Residential Experience.
- Follow us on Twitter (@UIResLife) and like us on Facebook (@UIResLife) for updates and tips.
- Read the Paraprofessional Selection website thoroughly before working on your application online.
- Be positively involved in your current residence hall or community living environment.
- Tailor your resume to highlight your residence hall involvement (hall group involvement, leadership, programming you’ve attended, things you’ve done to assist your RA or MA in building community.)
- Read the position information and job descriptions for the RA and/or MA positions.
- Think of questions to ask at a RA/MA Information Session.
- Visit The Career Center to learn interviewing skills. The application process will require you to complete a template with cover letter and resume content, however, the Career Center can also help as you decide what to include to best highlight your knowledge, skills, and experiences.