Work for University Housing
Be a part of making the best Illinois Residential Experience for our students by joining the University Housing team!
Each year, nearly 2,000 student employees are hired by University Housing to help to sustain our residential programs and services. Positions include: dining hall and high-end catering staff, live-in resident advisors, apartment complex aides, network technicians and peer technology consultants, office assistants, front desk clerks, tour guides and more.
Why work with us? A job with University Housing is a great way to get involved, make friends, and develop valuable skills including, teamwork, problem solving, time management and leadership. And did you know, that students who work a part-time job do academically better than students who choose not to work?
Explore current openings (includes all positions except Undergraduate Resident Advisor)
Explore the Residential Life Resident Advisor position (undergraduate halls)
Student Employment Opportunities and Timelines
- Dining Services and University Catering (hiring year round)
- Desk Clerks
- Residential Life Resident Advisors (undergraduate halls)
- Graduate Upper Division Resident Advisors
- Professional Graduate Assistant - University Apartments
- Summer Conferences
- I-Guide Move-In Program
- Net Technicians and Peer Consultants
- Housing Information — Student Office Assistant
- Communications and Marketing — graphic designers, writers, videographers