Undergraduate Residence Halls
Fall 2017 Semester Early Arrival
You are strongly encouraged to arrive on your designated move-in day:
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 for new residents of Living-Learning Communities participating in LLC orientation
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 for new freshmen and transfer students
- Saturday, August 26, 2017 for returning students
We are able to provide the best service on these specific days including I-Guide assistance, hall events, parking and traffic control, and staff availability. However, if moving in on a weekday causes your family significant hardship, we are happy to assist you. Please note: there will be no I-Guide assistance available on Saturday, August 26.
If there is a need to come to campus prior to these days, you may move in between Sunday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 23. No registration is needed—just show up at the front desk of the hall you are assigned to. There are additional fees for Early Arrival (see cost breakdown below) as these dates fall outside your 2017-2018 housing contract dates.
Students working for Dining Service will receive information specific to them regarding arrival times and cost.
- Early Arrival begins at 12:00 noon on August 20, 2017. We are open 24 hours per day starting August 20—check in anytime day or night.
- Bring a photo ID. We prefer the i-card but will accept any photo ID.
- We will bill the Early Arrival fee to your student account as our offices cannot accept cash.
- Please obey all parking rules and regulations. We cannot waive any tickets or towing charges.
- For Fall 2017: I-Guides will only be available to assist with move-in on Tuesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 24 (starting at 9:00 a.m. and after). If you are moving in to you room between Sunday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 23, moving carts can be checked out from your front desk for one hour with a state ID.
Fall Early Arrival Cost
The rates for Early Arrival housing in the undergraduate halls are shown below. The fee will be charged to the student’s account and will be reflected in the October bill. Daily cost per night includes three meals each day—continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner beginning on Monday, August 21, 2017.
|Move-In Date||Cost Per Night||Notes|
|Sunday, August 20||$40.00||No meals on Sunday|
|Monday, August 21||$60.00||Includes 3 meals|
|Tuesday, August 22||$60.00||Includes 3 meals|
|Wednesday, August 23
||Includes 3 meals
|All days (Aug. 20-Aug. 24)||$220.00||Includes 10 meals
(3 meals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
plus breakfast on Thursday, August 24)
Early Arrival meal credits may only be used once per meal period (breakfast, lunch or dinner) with three available meals each day and one breakfast on Thursday, August 24. Unused meal credits from Early Arrival week are not rolled over to the academic year.
If you live in:
- Allen: Check in at Allen front desk
- Busey-Evans: Check in at Busey-Evans front desk
- Oglesby or Trealease/Florida Avenue (FAR): Check in at FAR front desk
- Townsend or Wardall/Illinois Street (ISR): Check in at ISR front desk
- Leonard or Sheldon/Lincoln Avenue (LAR): Check in at LAR front desk
- Babcock, Blaisdell, Carr or Saunders/Pennsylvania Avenue (PAR): Check in at PAR front desk
- Barton, Hopkins, Lundgren, Nugent, or Weston: Check in at the IKE North area office in Nugent Hall
- Bousfield, Scott, Snyder, or Taft-Van Doren: Check in at the IKE South area office in Snyder Hall
You may apply for pre-Early Arrival Interim Housing starting July 23, 2017. No prior approval is needed if arriving Sunday, August 20, 2017 or after. Read about international student move-in.
Daniels Hall and Sherman Hall
Fall 2017 Semester Early Arrival
Early Arrival housing in the graduate upper-division halls is only available to students who have a confirmed 2017-2018 housing assignment in either Daniels or Sherman Hall.
We will bill any fees associated with Early Arrival to your student account as our offices cannot accept cash.
Arrival before July 23, 2017
Students must apply for Summer Housing.
Arrival between July 23, 2017—August 19, 2017
Students must apply online for pre-Early Arrival Interim Housing at Illinois Street Residence Hall (ISR).
Only shared rooms are available and the cost is $40 per night. Meals are not included.
Check out of interim housing is August 20, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. Residents of Sherman or Daniels may check out of ISR on August 17, 2017 and move into their permanent fall assignment on that date. The nightly rate remains $40/night in Sherman and Daniels through Sunday, August 20.
Arrival between August 20, 2017—August 23, 2017
Students living in Sherman or Daniels must submit the online Early Arrival Request form.You will be notified by email of your approved Early Arrival date.
On Sunday, August 20 there are no meals offered and the rate is $40. Meals are available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. For these days, the rate is $60 per night for residents with meal plans and $40 per night for residents without meal plans.
Arrival on or after August 24, 2017
Sherman and Daniels Halls are open for all new and returning students to move in. Fall 2017 meal plans begins with lunch on Thursday, August 24.
The desks at Daniels and Sherman are open 24 hours a day, so you may check in at any time after 9:00 a.m. on your approved Early Arrival date. Approved Early Arrival dates are sent in reply to residents who submit an online Early Arrival Request form.
If you do not have a University of Illinois i-card for building access, please use the call box located near the main entrance of your building and a staff member will greet you at the door.
- Daniels residents check in at the Daniels Hall desk
- Sherman residents check in at the Sherman Hall desk
Early Arrival Parking
Please note that parking on campus is very limited. Upon your arrival, you may unload your vehicle from a curb or metered space nearest your residence hall (do not leave your car unattended while unloading). For longer term visitor parking that same day you must contact Campus Parking at (217) 333-3530 or www.parking.illinois.edu. Meters and lots are enforced by Campus Parking during Early Arrival move-in. University Housing is not responsible for parking tickets you may receive.
Early Arrival Dining
Monday, August 21–Thursday, August 24, 2017
Early Arrival dining meal service is available beginning with breakfast on Monday, August 21 and ending with breakfast on Thursday, August 24. Fall 2017 meal plans begin with lunch on Thursday, August 24.
If you are part of an approved Early Arrival group and you eat more than your group’s predetermined meals, your student account will be billed for the extra meals. You are welcome to use Illini Cash or a credit/debit card for meals outside of your groups’ plan.
Campus Units who wish for their group to move in early will be permitted to move in earlier than Thursday, August 24. There are Early Arrival fees that can be charged to a campus unit FOAPAL, RSO Account, and/or to an individual student account. To arrange for your campus group to move in early, please email the Housing Information Office at email@example.com or call (217) 333-7111 for information on how to gain pre-approval for your group.
If you are part of an approved Early Arrival group and you eat more than your group’s predetermined meals, your student account will be billed for the extra meals.