Resources for Residential Life and Student Affairs Staff
Residential Life Resource Center
Located in the Ikenberry Commons Library
The Ikenberry Library houses our Resource Center collection, with books about Student Affairs, College Student Development, Leadership Studies, Social Justice, and Training & Development for the use of the professional and paraprofessional staff of University Housing. The Resource Center also holds many DVDs with Public Performance Rights that can be shown for Housing programs.
We are excited to partner with Residential Life and student organizations however we can. We welcome ideas and suggestions for programs and services.
- The library is available as a space to hold programs.
- We can create bulletin boards or displays in the library to tie into hall programs.
- We can compile bibliographies of works in the Residence Hall Libraries and other university libraries that pertain to an issue or theme.
- Library Supervisors can give short presentations or provide materials on the Residence Hall Libraries services and holdings to your residents.
- The library accepts requests to purchase materials from students, staff, and faculty.
Showing Films at Your Programs
Want to show a film? Read our guide on public performance rights and requesting film funds (pdf). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-7150 with any questions.
"Beyond the Bookshelves": The Residence Hall Libraries' Blog for Housing Staff
Follow our blog for Housing professionals at beyondthebookshelves.wordpress.com for information on new and topical materials in the Residential Life Resource Center, as well as information on library events and services of special interest to Housing staff, your paraprofessionals, and your residents.