Request a Digital Sign
Please note: this information is for sign requests from departments/organizations outside of University Housing.
University Housing is pleased to accept requests from University departments and Registered Student Organizations to display information on electronic signs in our dining locations across campus. A small fee for this service helps defray costs.
All Dining Halls
- University Departments: $50/week or $200/month or $1,300/academic year
- Student Affairs Departments: $40/week or $160/month or $1,000/academic year
- RSOs: $30/week or $120/month
Ikenberry Dining Hall (only)
- University Departments: $25/week or $100/month or $960/academic year
- Student Affairs Departments: $20/week or $80/month or $550/academic year
- RSOs: $15/week or $60/month
Ads from organizations not affiliated with the University of Illinois are not accepted. Ads will be shown in rotation with other information of interest to residents and customers.
Deadlines and Content
Ads are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The deadline for requesting space and supplying artwork is 5 p.m. on the Monday two weeks prior to requested display date. Ad weeks begin on Monday mornings at 9 a.m. Space requests and reservations can be made using our web form.
Ads will be refused at the discretion of the marketing director if they contain inappropriate material and/or advertising for products or businesses. We limit advertising of dining options to locations that accept the University Housing meal plan. Examples of inappropriate material include: alcohol or alcohol-related functions, sexual content, racist, or religious remarks.
We are happy to work with departments who need assistance in creating an ad that will display well on screen. Use our web form to request help with creating an ad.
Where Ads are Displayed
Ads will be displayed on a total of 25 signs in all 6 University Housing dining hall locations across campus. Those halls include: Busey-Evans, FAR, Ikenberry, ISR, LAR, and PAR. If you choose Ikenberry Dining Hall only, your ads will display on 8 screens within the dining seating area.
Ad Specifications & Helpful Tips
- Ad must be in JPEG format.
- JPEG should be sized at 1921 pixels wide x 827 pixels high (or 6.4” w x 2.757” h).
- A simple background works best.
- Include a brief, clear headline.
- 20-30 words allows for maximum readability.