Housing Leadership Connections
Social Justice and Leadership Education
The Social Justice and Leadership Education unit of Residential Life of University Housing provides students with opportunities to enhance the student experience through empowerment and leadership. Our opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Central Housing Student Organizations
- Project Leadership Conference
- T.R.U.E. (Transitioning Resources for Understanding and Excellence) Workshop - This workshop officially transitions newly elected officers into their leadership roles within student housing organizations.
- L.E.A.P. (Leaders Enhanced for Action and Planning) Workshop - This workshop provides students with an opportunity to learn skills that will enhance their experience in program planning through organization and communication.
- National Leadership Conferences - We provide students the opportunity to attend national leadership conferences such as National Center for Student Leadership (NCSL) and Impact.
- Alternative Spring Break
- Special Events/Program Planning
Working in the Halls
Interested in applying for a Resident Advisor (RA), Multicultural Advocate (MA), or Program Assistant (PA) job in the coming year? Read about paraprofessional selection, training, programs, and resources to help do the job.
For other employment opportunities within University Housing, please feel free to look at the opportunities that we offer.
Illinois Leadership Center
The Illinois Leadership™ Center at the University of Illinois provides student , faculty, and staff with opportunities to develop or enhance essential leadership skills. Their programs and services provide leadership training through both academic coursework and experiential programming. They help provide the "experience you need in life" to be successful in your community, organizations, and relationships. If you would like more information about their programs and events please call (333-0604) or email them at email@example.com.
Leadership Opportunities with Registered Organizations
The University of Illinois has over 1100 registered student organizations (RSO's) that are housed in the Illini Union. For a complete listing of RSO's and to find out how to get involved with them, please visit the Office of Registered Organizations webpage or visit them in the southwest corner of the second floor in the Illini Union.