The Central Residential Funding Board
The Central Residential Funding Board (CRFB) was created by students representing various residence hall organizations and constituencies. The CRFB was created to consolidate several other systems of funding provided for programs and activities in the residence halls. Now, any student living in the University Residence Halls has easy access to supplemental funding for programs or activities that fits within Housing and University policies. The CRFB creates a centralized and simplified location for additional funding. The CRFB will meet regularly throughout the semester, carefully consider all funding requests, and respond to all requests in a timely manner. There are still funding opportunities at each hall. Check with your hall organizations, Resident Director, Resident Advisor or Multicultural Advocate for these options.
- One-Time Program Request
- Group Budget Request (Deadline October 4, 2017)
- Post-Audit Form
- CRFB Guiding Document and Funding Criteria (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Funding requests must be fully complete and submitted on time for full consideration. All groups and individuals must submit requests by 5pm on the Wednesday prior to the meeting date(s) listed below. CRFB may delay a request if there are questions, discrepancies or the request is incomplete.
Fall 2017 CRFB Meeting Dates
- September 11, 2017 (Funding requests due September 6, 2017 by 5pm)
- September 25, 2017 (Funding requests due September 21, 2017 by 5pm)
- October 9, 2017 (Funding requests due October 4, 2017 by 5pm ** Group Budget Request Due**)
- October 23, 2017 (Funding requests due October 18, 2017 by 5pm)
- November 6, 2017 (Funding requests due November 1, 2017 by 5pm)
- November 27, 2017 (Funding requests due November 23, 2017 5pm)
Spring 2018 CRFB Meeting Dates
- January 22, 2018 (Funding requests due January 17, 2018 by 5pm)
- February 5, 2018 (Funding requests due January 31, 2018 by 5pm)
- February 19, 2018 (Funding requests due February 14, 2018 by 5pm)
- March 5, 2018 (Funding requests due February 28, 2018 by 5pm)
- March 26, 2018 (Funding requests due March 21, 2018 by 5pm)
- April 9, 2018 (Funding requests due April 4, 2018 by 5pm)
- April 23, 2018 (Funding requests due April 18, 2018 by 5pm)
CRFB Training will be conducted through a training module created using Web Tools. Individuals may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to the training module.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the CRFB make decisions?
CRFB is a group of 10-12 student members and one advisor. The advisor does not have a vote. The CRFB will only vote on requests when there are at least five members present. A 2/3 majority of those present is required to approve a funding amount.
CRFB members discuss each request and reflect upon the criteria and similar funding requests, come to a common recommendation, and call it to vote. Then they vote on the suggested funding amount. If it passes, they move on to the next request. If it does not, they discuss further until they are able to come to another funding amount and vote again. This continues until a 2/3 majority of members present (minimum of five present) approve the amount, even if the amount is $0.
How much money is there to be allocated?
The CRFB typically allocates an amount between $75,000-$85,000 each academic year.
What happens after the CRFB makes a decision?
The person who submitted the request, along with the RD of the hall being represented, receives an email with the CRFB decision. This message also reminds you to submit the post-audit within seven days of the event's occurrence or the money will not be transferred.
If you are denied, receive a lesser amount than requested, or have questions for follow-up, you can email CRFB@housing.illinois.edu with your questions.
How does the money work?
Once your request is approved, you will work with your hall's RD to make any needed purchases or arrangements.
CRFB funds up to the amount granted; however, all other secured funding must be utilized before CRFB funds will be transferred. Any stipulations on funding must be taken into account.
After the event, it is critical that you submit the post-audit within seven days. Once the post-audit is submitted the funding request gets placed into our transfer procedures. You can submit the post-audit electronically through this website. Once you submit electronically, a copy of all receipts must be sent to
Student Dining and Residential Programs Building
Student Leadership Suite #2081: C/O CRFB
301 E. Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Paper post audits are no longer accepted. Please use the electronic method only.
Having Trouble Submitting Your Post-Audit?
If you are experiencing trouble with the online form, please email us at the email below.
If you have questions about the Central Residential Funding Board, please contact us at CRFB@housing.illinois.edu or call CRFB at (217) 244-9707.