Sustainable Student Farm Open House
Friday, September 15 from 3 - 6 p.m.
The Sustainable Student Farm is located at Windsor & Lincoln.
Free shuttle will run continuously from SDRP and Lincoln Avenue Residence Halls beginning at 2:30 pm.
Free & open to everyone!
The farm serves as a production farm to supply our residence halls with locally grown, low-input sustainable food. Currently the farm operates between 45-48 weeks per year, occupying seven acres for outdoor field production and nearly 12,000 square feet of year-round high tunnel production. For more information, visit www.thefarm.illinois.edu
- Open Faced Pulled Local Oyster Mushrooms on Local Wheat Focaccia
- Chef Adam’s Local Pork House Made Bacon, SSF Heirloom Tomatoes, SSF Lettuce on Local Wheat Focaccia
- SSF Swiss Chard & SSF Radish Slaw
- Grilled SSF Farm Vegetable Platter
- Local Cheeses & Local Honey Platter
- Black Currant Popsicles
- Fresh Squeezed Local Juices & Spa Water
- Bottled Water