Daniels Summer Move-Out Information
End of Summer Housing Information 2018
Residents without a room assignment at Daniels Hall for the fall semester must vacate their room before 1 p.m. on August 5.
Forwarding Your Mail
- Before you check out of Daniels, complete mail forwarding information online at MyHousing (Select “Forwarding Address").
- If you are not a hall resident for the fall semester, we will not hold your mail.
- Only first class mail will be forwarded to your new address.
- All packages will be immediately returned to the sender.
- To expedite delivery of your mail, notify your bank, magazine companies, movie/music clubs, friends, etc. of your new address.
Checking Out of the Hall — How to Vacate Your Room
- Empty your waste basket and remove posters, tape residue, stickers, nails, and hooks to avoid charges for cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean and defrost the room micro-fridge unit, and leave it on, plugged in, and running.
- Minimum billing for damages, extra cleaning, and/or missing items is $25.
- Remove all personal belongings from the room.
- If you are not returning for fall semester, please return your room key to the Daniels Desk. Failure to do so will result in charges for a key core change.
- You are not required to have an RA inspect your room before you leave.
- Moving carts are available in the lobby for your convenience. Please return the cart after 30 minutes.
Property and Storage
There is no hall storage space. Residents must remove all personal property from their room and the building upon the time of check-out. Property discovered in rooms of former summer residents will be considered abandoned property and disposed of by the University as stated in the Housing contract.
Moving to Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (PAR)
Residents with fall semester housing assignments to other residence halls other than Daniels Hall, may apply for pre-early arrival housing at PAR at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/8405381.
Contact your Summer Resident Advisor (RA) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.