Why University Housing
University Housing is an essential element of the Illinois experience. We create communities that transform student lives.
We want our families to stay in the loop. If you would like to receive a copy of the weekly email newsletter sent to students in the undergraduate residence halls, please subscribe to the Housing Insider today!Did you know that undergraduate students who live with University Housing for at least two years are more likely to graduate from the University, and are more likely to graduate in four years than students who move out after just one year?
Why Choose University Housing
- Save the accounting for Accounting class: living on campus means not having to worry if a roommate paid the utility bill, or if that overlooked unpaid phone bill will appear on a credit report. And if your son or daughter lives continuously in University Housing's undergraduate residence halls, the room and board rate structure from their first year with us will carry over to the next year.
- Our caring, supportive staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their energy and commitment to building strong communities of students help our residents feel connected and that they matter.
- Our campus connections can't be beat. Academic advice, career directions, health and wellness information: we know the resources so your son or daughter can connect directly to an expert.
- Living in a community helps develop leadership skills and prepares students for independence.
- To help students focus on academics, not grocery shopping, cooking, and doing dishes, we provide nutritious, delicious meals and snacks from as early as 7 a.m. to as late as 1 a.m. Our professional, culinary-trained chefs continually debut new menu items, in consultation with our full-time dietician. Students with special dietary needs can consult with our nutrition expert to arrange for unique menu items and plan their meals. Complete nutritional information is available for all our meals.
- On-site libraries offer tutoring, inter-library loan, and have extensive collections not found anywhere else.
- Computer labs provide additional study space and networked computers and printers, especially useful if your child's laptop decides to quit in the middle of that important paper.
- Our front desks are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to serve residents. In addition to mail and package distribution, front desks issue temporary keys and meal cards, meaning that residents who accidentally lock their keys inside their rooms don't need to spend all day waiting for a landlord or locksmith. Our desk staff also checks out everyday items like DVDs, vacuums, and bicycle pumps.
- Around-the-clock maintenance and daily cleaning and sanitizing provides a healthy, well-maintained environment for the community.
- A student-focused community provides value and enhances academic success. Everything we do is focused on the needs of our residents.
Living on campus is an experience that can make memories for a lifetime!