Department Charge Help
- Roles Description
- Account Summary
- Deactivate Account
- Reapprove Account
- Manage Account
- Add New Account
1. AboutUniversity Housing provides Department Charge as a service to our customers at the Illini Union Colonial Room. You may manage your CFOAPAL accounts and the people authorized to use them with this application.
2. Roles Description
- Business Manager: Owner of the account who requests access initially. Business Manager can add editors (with varied permissions) as well as add/remove users & activate/deactivate accounts. There can be only one Business Manager for an account.
- Editor: Maintains the account. An Editor is the Department's contact person. Editor can add/remove users & activate/deactivate accounts. There can be more than one editor for an account.
- Authorized User: Can use a valid icard at the Colonial Room to charge to assigned FOAPAL account. Note: Business Managers and Editors can not use the Department Charge unless they are also added as a User.
3. Account SummaryThe Account Summary page displays all accounts to which you have access. You may sort the accounts by clicking on the headings. When you click on an account number, you are presented with the Manage Account page. The Manage Account page allows you to reapprove existing account, add/remove Editors and add/activate/deactivate Users.
4. Deactivate AccountIf your account is no longer valid, you should deactivate it by clicking on the "Deactivate" button in the 'Accounts Summary' page.
5. Reapprove AccountIf you don’t have any changes to make to the account, you can simply reapprove the account the account by clicking on the “Reapprove Account” button in the 'Manage Account' page. This will change the date of Last Update or Approval to the current date and time. This will tell us that your account is current and updated.
Manage AccountThe manage account section has the following functionalities:
(i) Add New Editor: To add a new editor to the account, enter the UIN (of the new editor) and click on the “Add New Editor” button.
On successful addition, the new editor will start showing up in the “Editors” grid, and you will be redirected to the 'Manage Editor' page where you can assign appropriate permissions to the newly added editor.
(ii) Remove Editor: To remove an existing editor, click on the “Remove” button in the grid. On successful removal the name will no longer show up in the 'Editors' grid. The “Date of last update or approval” (on top of the page) will change to current date and time.
(iii) Add New User: Before adding a new user, please make sure that the user does not already exist in the 'Active Users' or 'Inactive Users' grid. To add a new user, enter the UIN (of the new user) and click on "Add New User" button.
On successful addition the name will show up in the 'Active Users' grid. The “Date of last update or approval” (on top of the page) will change to current date and time. Last Modified will show the name of the Editor/Business Manager who has made the change.
(iv) Deactivate User: To deactivate an existing user, click on "Deactivate" button in the "Active Users" grid.
On successful deletion the name will be removed from the 'Active Users' grid and will show up in the 'Inactive Users' grid. The “Date of last update or approval” (on top of the page) will change to the current date and time.
(v) Activate User: To activate a deactivated user, click on "Activate" button in the "Inactive Users" grid.
On successful activation the the name will be removed from the 'Inactive Users' grid and will show up in the 'Active Users' grid. The “Date of last update or approval” (on top of the page) will change to the current date and time.
7. Add New AccountTo find the account you wish to add, you can look it up with the CFOAPAL or C-Index number. Enter the CFOAPAL or C-Index number and click on the appropriate "Look up" button.
Once you have the correct account displayed by the system search, please enter a brief display name (maximum of 15 characters) and fill in the missing fields (if any). Display name will appear at the register in the Illini Colonial Room. The Program Title and Fund Title are displayed to assist you in selecting the correct account. The Program Title will be stored as the Banner Name. If the Program Title does not exist, the Fund Title will be stored. Click on "Add New Account" button once the requisite information is complete in the form.
Once the account has been successfully added, you will be redirected to the Manage Account page.