Where to Recycle
Ashton Woods, Goodwin-Green, and Orchard Downs residents can take recyclable materials to the drop-off locations in their apartment communities.
University Residence Halls
All University Residence Halls have recycling bins available in the following locations:
- Trash and recycling rooms on each floor
- Dining halls
- Computer labs
- Laundry rooms
- Vending areas
- Main office areas
- Staff offices
- Public lounges
What to Recycle
- All paper, including high-grade office paper, magazines, and newspaper can be mixed together.
- Cans made of aluminum, tin, and steel are acceptable. Rinse containers. It eliminates contaminants in the recycling process.
- Remove debris (e.g., packing peanuts or pizza crusts). Flatten and place by floor trash containers. Apartment residents should take flattened cardboard to containers located at recycling drop-off sites.
- Plastic bottles that are PETE (#1) and HDPE (#2) are acceptable. (Such numbers are noted on the bottom of containers.) Rinse containers. It eliminates contaminants in the recycling process. Remove and throw away lids.
No plastic bags, please! Take them to local grocery stores.
University Housing currently accepts glass for recycling at Orchard Downs and Goodwin-Green. University Housing is also recovering 100% of all glass bottles and jars used by University Housing Dining and Catering Services for recycling. Glass is 100% recyclable and can be reused endlessly without loss in quality or purity.
Housing Facilities Operations Office
1005 S. Lincoln Avenue, Room 6
Urbana, Illinois 61801
Phone: (217) 333-4771